The New York Philharmonic pre-season kicked off with a two-concert series focused on the music of film – Art of the Score: Film Week at the Philharmonic. The first concert, titled Hitchcock!, offered clips from several Hitchcock films accompanied by the New York Philharmonic under the direction of Constantine Kitsopoulos. The evening was hosted by Philharmonic board member Alec Baldwin.
- Selections from To Catch a Thief (1955) – Murray
- Selections from Vertigo (1958) – Herrmann
- Selections from Strangers on a Train (1951) – Thomkin
- Marche funebre d’une marionette (1872) – Gounod
- Selections from Dial M for Murder (1954) – Thomkin
- Selections from North by Northwest (1959) – Hermann